Everyone using the Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists Club(SAM) services, including this website, must abide by the terms and conditions, data protection and privacy policies shown on this page. SAM is a charitable organisation (Registered Number: 1089671) dedicated to providing a socially responsible and reliable service that promotes motorcycle awareness, safer motorcycle riding and public education. SAM also provides ongoing support and guidance to advanced motorcyclists through its social activity events. SAM is affiliated to the Institute of Advanced Motorists(IAM) and an authorised provider of the IAM RoadSmart advanced motorcycle riding course. SAM also collaborates with statutory, non-statutory and voluntary organisations, charities and groups, to help promote SAM’s charitable objectives. This page specifies SAM’s policies on:
- Privacy and Data protection policy
- IAM RoadSmart Advanced Riding Course policy
Privacy and Data protection policy
SAM complies with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Provision Regulations 2016. We have consistently high levels of practice when processing your personal data. SAM needs to collect data to ensure that it can communicate with its users, affiliates and groups with whom it collaborates. This is to ensure that SAM continues to maintain and improve upon its charitable objectives. All data is subject to the following:
- All data provided by members and associates is held securely in strict privacy. We store all the information you give us, including that given by website forms and information collected from your browsing activity on our website. Our server, in common with all other internet servers, logs information regarding your use of the website. This information is only used to maintain website and club management activities. Your contact information and method of contact is retained to respond to your requests and provide you with information about the clubs activities and events. This data is never given to third party companies.
- Certain data provided by you may be shared with you and the IAM and groups with whom SAM collaborates. The purpose of sharing data is to solely to ensure that you remain informed of SAM’s activities and to coordinate our social and legal responsibilities when supporting motorcycle awareness, motorcycle safety and in the provision of advanced motorcycle training.
- All forms on our website have a statement concerning data privacy and a consent tick box that must be ticked before the data is submitted. By getting consent before your data is submitted helps to ensure our compliance with data protection regulations.
- ALL personal data, both physical and electronic is only held for as long as it is needed to serve the purposes specified. Your data, both current and historical, is securely destroyed when it is no longer needed, or you request its removal.
- Access to personal data for the purposes of disclosure, transfer, correction and removal should be made in writing to the club’s Data Protection Officer. All correspondence should be sent via email to: email@example.com.
- If you wish to decline being contacted by SAM, you should do so in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies are small pieces of information sent by our web server to your device. Cookies help the website software to provide smoother use of the website. They help security by verifying user authenticity and website traffic monitoring. Non-registered users are sent anonymous cookies that track their browsing patterns. You can turn off cookies in your browser (consult the browser help file on how to do this procedure).
- Data may be given to any statutory authority that has the legal right to request it AND we have a legal duty to provide such data to them.
IAM RoadSmart Advanced Riding Course
SAM encourages and supports all motorcyclists to complete the IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Course. A motorcyclist is eligible to undertake this course if :
- You hold a valid full, current motorcycle driving licence permitting you to ride a motorcycle in the UK and EU.
- You have a roadworthy motorcycle 125cc or more that is capable of sustaining all legal national speed limits. The motorcycle has to be fully insured, taxed and with a current valid MOT certificate (if needed).
- You have no physical or mental impairment that would prohibit you to legally ride a motorcycle in the UK and EU.
- You wear an EU approved helmet, suitable protective gloves, clothing and footwear that give impact protection at all times. SAM observers can refuse to authorise a rider if you do not have suitable protective clothing and footwear.
- You accept that you will be in sole control of your motorcycle at all times.
- You can have a FREE, NO OBLIGATION ride, followed by an observer who will provide feedback, support and advice on how you can progress toward taking your Advanced Motorcycle Test.
- You have paid for the IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider course, current price £149. This fee includes your first year’s membership of the club. If your support, guidance and training takes more than 12 months (very unlikely), you will need to pay an annual club membership fee of £12 and an IAM RoadSmart membership fee. You will not be able to take the advanced test unless your subscriptions are fully paid.
- You understand that SAM’s voluntary observers and will offer ongoing support and guidance for as long as you need it. Data is collected on your riding performance. This data is used for education/training quality control purposes that ensure you receive the highest possible support for your motorcycle riding and efforts to make progress to becoming and advanced motorcycle rider. This data is shared with IAM RoadSmart.
- In pursuance of SAM’s public information and educational objectives we will publish text, images and videos to help the public to become aware of activities and their purposes. Any member has the right to request that any information identifying them be withheld from publication. Please let a member of the SAM committee know of your objection, or contact the SAM-Editor via the contact page.
- You understand that all SAM’s observers, both national and local, are volunteers and that they may request a small contribution to their motorcycle running costs.
- You understand that all IAM RoadSmart Course refunds are managed by IAM RoadSmart. Please see their website for details go to IAM RoadSmart Membership Services. SAM Club fees are only refundable at our discretion. Application should be made by email to the Membership Secretary at email@example.com, stating the reasons for requesting such a refund.
- You understand that SAM officers and observers will not be under any liability for any injury, damage or loss whatever and however it was caused.
These terms, conditions and policies will be periodically updated. It is important that any user of this website is familiar with them as they will be used, where appropriate, in any discussion of the Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists activities and the provision of services through this website.