IAM RoadSmart created the Strategy Group in 2017 to promote, debate, consult, propose and provide feedback on new changes, initiatives and strategies for consideration and possible adoption by the IAM RoadSmart council & executives. Two years later, with a rolling programme of recruitment in place and many meetings under its belt the Strategy Group has had many successes, including:
- Developed and processed Group Self-Assessment Audits
- Assisted in the development of operational guidelines for the Group Affiliate Handbook
- Reviewed and refreshed the Group Scorecard
- Provision of video tutorials to assist group users of DTE
- Been instrumental in the changes to Inform
- Participated in the review of the Group Marketing Toolkit
In readiness for the challenges and opportunities
in 2020, and in consultation with the existing Strategy Group members, we have
reviewed and amended the terms of reference for the group to move its focus
towards membership and group engagement. Reflecting this change of focus, the
name is changing to Local Group Engagement Committee.
With the three year tenure for some members nearing its end, we are looking to recruit new group officials to the team. If you’re passionate about IAM RoadSmart’s aims and objectives, enjoy volunteering and want to help shape our future please get in touch with Amanda Smith, head of field service delivery, by emailing Amanda.Smith@iam.org.uk for an application form and Local Group Engagement Committee terms of reference. We anticipate holding interviews in Welwyn Garden City in December.