The process of becoming a national observer(NO) for is as follows:
- Prospective NO candidates must:
- be group or local observer
- following qualification as a local/group observer and whilst acting independently, have had a minimum of one associate pass the test (any initial test pass whilst the prospective NO candidate was under supervision as a trainee local/group observer, is not sufficient for this purpose)
- have done a minimum of 10 sessions assessing an associate
- have their riding assessed by their team leader
- have their interpersonal and observation skills assessed by their team leader
In order to commence the process:
- the group or local observer should express an interest to their team leader, who will check they meet the criteria.
- TL will assess riding and interpersonal/observation skills.
- the observer then needs to complete the NO application form which should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The secretary will then take it to the committee for approval prior to the observer commencing the NO process. This form will then be forwarded to IMIqualifications@iam.org.uk indicating the committee’s approval of the application.