POLICY DOCUMENTS PAGE
IAM ROADSMART & CHARITY COMMISSION POLICIES
These are important documents that give guidance to both elected officers and ordinary members on their roles and responsibilities in managing and supporting the Sheffield and District Advanced Motorcyclists charity. The documents are available on the Charity Commission and IAM websites, but we wanted these to be more immediately available to elected officers and members. All documents are in pdf format.
New data protection regulations will be implemented on the 25th May 2018. IAM RoadSmart have issued group guidance for meeting the requirements of this legislation. This is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)document. This is the IAM RoadSmart GDPR and Data Management Guidelines for Groups document. This is the IAM RoadSmart Group GDPR Declaration Form (Download and fill in using Adobe Reader). This is the IAM RoadSmart Group Member GDPR statement (Download and fill in using Adobe Reader).
This document was prepared as a result of questions asked at the 2012 IAM Motorcycle Conference and is designed to clear up what appear to be common confusions.
This document was prepared as a result of questions asked at the 2012 IAM Motorcycle Conference and is designed to clear up what appear to be common confusions. Also read the IAM RoadSmart Zero Tolerance Statement – Abusive or Aggressive Behaviour.
This booklet was produced by the Norsk Motorcykkel Union in an effort to do something about the large spike in motorcycle accidents that occurred there every spring as riders poured onto the roads again after their winter. The booklet focuses an effective and precise riding technique, helps you understand the essential physics of the motorcycle and offers you a series of very concrete exercises that you can work on every time you are out riding.
- SAM Committee Nomination Form
- All SAM Club members MUST be paid-up members of IAM RoadSmart
- To remain a member of the SAM Club, members should pay their club membership fee, currently £12, by the 1st April each year.
- Members may bring guests to any SAM Club events where guest attendance is approved.
- Guests are not permitted to take part in any event undertaken on behalf of IAM RoadSmart.
- Club Events
- All SAM members are welcome to take part in organised events.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guest(s) at any SAM Club event.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL OBSERVER QUALIFICATIONS
The IAM has introduced two new qualifications: Local and National Observer. Please contact the Guidance Secretary or a Member of the SAM Committee to discuss these qualifications. We have reproduced four of the relevant documents here but keep an eye the IAM’s website in case of updates.
There are, essentially, two topics in this section: Training Policy and Risk Analysis. The Training Policy documents set out SAM’s attitudes towards the guidance of Associates; The Risk Analysis is linked to this but, in addition, contains the processes to be followed in a variety of Guidance situations.
There are two documents:
- SAM Training Policy: This is a revised version of the Training Policy that was set out in 2007. It has been brought up-to-date to reflect the Training Sub-committee’s report, included below.
- Risk Analysis: This is a link to the condensed version of the Risk Analysis for Observers with which every Observer should be familiar. It takes the main points from the Observing, Slow Riding and Observer’s Demonstration Ride documents.
ADVANCED RIDER TRAINING
- Advanced Riding for ALL bikers.
- Before you hit the road!
- Training Guides
- Training forms
- Advanced Rider Test
- Other Information
- Use of radios
SAM Observers wishing to use radio communication with Associates need to be certified by the SAM Radio Trainer. The SAM Committee has appointed a Team Leader to deliver radio training (see the Who’s Who page for the current post holder). First, read the latest radio guidance document and talk to the SAM Radio Trainer.
The purpose of this section is to make available copies of powerpoint presentations given at previous Observer Meetings. At the moment, the only presentations included are those given at the last Meeting on the 11th November, 2013.
Other, earlier, presentations will be included at a later date and new ones will appear immediately after they have been given.